Winning strategies for your next sports fundraiser
One of the many benefits of participating in school sports is the opportunity to ingrain habits that will last a lifetime: teamwork, perseverance, fitness, and healthy living. So maybe it’s time to just say “no” to that tub of cookie dough or calorie-laden candy, and other unhealthy fare that’s sold by teams for their sports fundraisers.
We all know how important fundraisers are for sports teams. Whether your kid plays soccer, football, basketball, baseball, lacrosse, field hockey or is on the cheerleading squad, their team relies on sports fundraising to help cover the costs of participation. That’s a fact of life in cities and towns with dwindling resources.
The Right Game Plan for Fundraising Success
No matter what sport your child plays, working together as a team is key to success. However, unlike team sports, successful sports fundraising does not require a lot of hard work…if you choose the right product to sell and the right strategy.
This step-by-step game plan will produce a big win and big profits for your program:
- Set a fundraising goal. Choose an amount that everyone can rally behind. But don’t be afraid to aim high. Athletes and their supporters thrive on reaching for goals.
- Choose a product to sell that complements the healthy lifestyle sports promote. Remember, you’re asking people to support an athletic endeavor. Cookies, candy, and sugary drinks might sell at low price points, but they run counter to the purpose of sports.
- Sell the right product… Remember, you are selling to family, friends and neighbors. Most of your sales are to people you know. Why would you sell anything other than a high quality product? With Yankee Candle Fundraising, your supporters choose from the same well-known, high-quality products they buy everyday.
- …at the right price. We offer our products at the same price your family and friends find them at in stores or online.
- Score big profits. Just looking at percentage of profits is a narrow-minded approach. You might receive 90% profit on a $1 item, but have to sell dozens and dozens to creep toward your goal. Or, by earning $10 on the sale of one Yankee Candle, you’d only have to sell 10 to reach $100 profit.
- Let the website do the heavy lifting. One of the easiest ways to raise money is through a website your supporters can order from no matter where they live. If you are raising money using Yankee Candle Fundraising, you are in luck—the work of preparing a website is already done. Yankee Candle Fundraising’s website is in place, ready for supporters to shop for your cause. They can order directly and easily from there and the profits go straight to you.
Get your season off to a great start with a sports fundraiser that’s easy, profitable, and offers products your supporters love to buy. That’s a win-win situation for everyone!
Submit your review