Easy fundraisers for your school
Prom, yearbook, class dues…the list of expenses for high school students seems almost as endless as your busy schedules. With time constraints and costs always a priority, it’s important to focus on fundraising ideas that produce proven results and won’t take up too much of your time. Whether the money you raise is for a class trip or to offset the high cost of the prom, you need a fundraiser that’s easy to run and has shown proven results.
The best high school fundraisers are personal
The most successful high school fundraisers are those where the profits are earmarked for an individual student and a particular goal they are trying to reach. For starters, you can clearly see what you have to gain by raising money. Those people from whom you are asking support can also clearly know why they are buying and where the money is going.
Here are some quick ideas and things to consider before you get going:
- Make it personal. The easiest route to success is by selling to those who are closest to you. Mom, dad, your siblings, aunts and uncles, and even your co-workers at your after school job. Let them know why you are raising funds and give them a compelling reason to buy.
- Offer them something they already love. People are tired of supporting fundraisers that offer products that are over-priced or that they can purchase at a local retail outlet for much less. When you offer high-quality, value priced, branded products that are backed by a name that is trusted, your family and friends will be more eager to buy. For instance, when you sell Yankee Candles you are selling a product your mom, aunt and others already love. And you’re selling it at the same price they pay in a store.
- Use your most powerful tool—social media. No one knows the power of social media like a high school student. From email to Facebook, from texts to websites, you can reach out as far and as wide as your network to get the word out about your fundraiser. Make sure to include a live link to the website where they can support you.
- Speaking of fundraising websites… One of the easiest ways to raise money is through a website your supporters can order from no matter where they live. If you are raising money using Yankee Candle Fundraising, you are in luck—the work of preparing a website is already done. Yankee Candle Fundraising’s website is in place, ready for supporters to shop for your cause. They can order directly and easily from there and the profits go straight to you.
- Online vs. Catalog Sales. Forget the debate, you’ll have more success with a combination of catalog and online sales. Catalogs are a great tool for selling in person, while online sales broaden the reach of your fundraiser immensely. Successful fundraisers make use of both these important tools.
- Earn big profits easily. Just looking at percentage of profits is a narrow-minded approach. You might receive 90% profit on a $1 item, but have to sell dozens and dozens to creep toward your goal. Or, by earning $10 on the sale of one Yankee Candle, you’d only have to sell 10 to reach $100 profit.
Submit your review